Checking Your Account Online
What is my PIN? How do I check my own account?
The PIN (personal identification number) is THE LAST 4-DIGITS OF YOUR TELEPHONE NUMBER. Enter your LOGIN or the complete barcode number located on your library card and the last four digits of your telephone number or the "PIN" (Personal Id Number) that you created. Once entered, your record will show current activity. If you do not know or remember your PIN, please visit your local library’s circulation department to find out your PIN. Valid identification is required. PIN numbers cannot be given or changed over the telephone or through electronic communication.
Using the New Content Catalog Interface
Login using the "My Account" link at the top of the screen. Here you can:
- Check your Personal Information (registered address, email, telephone numbers, change your PIN, set preferences, and review Family Group members)
- View Checkout information (see what is overdue, date due, renew items)
- Check Holds (hold queue placement, check if item is ready for pickup, cancel/suspend holds, change pickup location)
- Check your account status (check for fines and fees, see your payment history)
Using the Classic Catalog Interface
Login using the "LIB CARD" (Library Barcode Number) and PIN (Last 4-digits of your registered telephone number) fields at the top of the screen. Review the links across the top of the screen and select "My Account". Here you can:
- Submit a request to "Change My Address"
- Submit a request to change your PIN number Renew materials (check item due dates and see the number of times renewed)
- Review your account (see items checked out, due dates, fines and fees, check holds, cancel/suspend/reactivate holds, and note position in the hold queue).