Managing Your Computer's File Type Associations
Download File Error Message: "File Format Not Compatible with thi application..."
Many patrons report that they cannot open, download or run eBook (.EPUB, .PDF) or downloadable audio book files from OverDrive (.ODM) on their computers. A quick way to make sure your computer is setup to open these file types is to check your computers "file associations". This simply is a way for your computer to know which files to open and run with specific applications.
OverDrive eBooks uses Adobe Digital Editions to open and run eBook files.
eBooks on EBSCO uses Adobe Digital Editions to open and run eBook files.
OverDrive downloadable audio books uses the OverDrive Media Console to open and run audio book files.
1. Go to "Start | Default Programs".
2. Click on 'Associate a file type or protocol with a program'.
3. Navigate to and select the '.odm' (OverDrive Media) or ''acsm' (Adobe Content Server Message) file type.
4. Click 'Change Program'.
5. In the 'Open With' window click 'Browse' and go to the location below:
C:\Program Files (x86)\OverDrive Media Console\
C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Digital Editions
6. Click the 'Open' button.
7. Click 'OK'.
8. Click 'Close'.
9. Try downloading your title again.