Snapshot Days! Say Cheese :)
What does Alexandria Library offer to the community? Along with libraries around the country, our locations will be capturing the impact of the library on film, for Snapshot Day. Starting at the Burke Branch on April 15, we'll be taking photos of our events, children's entertainment, computer classes, business owners doing research, and more to showcase what one can expect on a typical day at Alexandria Library. We'll also be gathering quotes from you, which we'll provide at our service desks and feature below. Feel free to speak to our staff to let them know what role Alexandria Library plays in your life, and its importance in the community. You may also Tweet us comments and photos about your appreciation for Alexandria Library @alexlibraryva and include #snapshotdayAL. Our results will be also posted on our Facebook page and http://snapshotvirginia.org/. We'll be looking forward to your participation... and smiles!
Snapshot Days at our locations will be as follows:
Burke: Monday, April 15
Barrett: Tuesday, April 16
Duncan: Tuesday, April 16
Beatley: Saturday, April 20
To spark ideas about why Alexandria Library is important to you, we've provided a few questions:
Why do you belong at Alexandria Library? What are your favorite services? Why do you love us?
1. "I love Alexandria Library because there's always something new to discover."
2. (Why did you visit the library today?) “To use the computer and finish a book. It is a nice quiet place and friendly also. I also borrow the DVDs to play at home. I have been coming since 2003.”
3. “What I like about the library is very friendly staff, very informative, helpful, courteous, and knowledgeable when I’m on the internet! Everyone in Alexandria is the best!”--Michael Tucker
4. (What are your favorite services at your library?) “I use the library internet access. Books, too!”
5. “I use computers for info to help a seriously ill friend, and I catch up on magazine reading. The Barrett library has great librarians, always helpful advice on finding info or particular books.”--Frank Messier
6. (Why did you visit the library today?) “I came to the library to do homework because I can’t go home and do the work because I won’t get it done.”
7. (Why did you visit the library today?) “[I] visit the library to read newspapers and books.”
8.“Libraries are cheaper than dial up, [computers] never crash, [staff] offers better personal assistance than Google and caters to all ages, classes, genders and backgrounds.”--Joseph Zeranski
9. “I love the serendipity of finding four things you like but never would have known existed on the way to finding the one thing you came looking for! I find many more things that way at the library than I ever do online.”--Anne Guha