Le Tour d'Alexandria Library -- REGISTRATION IS FULL
On Saturday, October 26, Alexandria Library is hosting its first bicycle tour of all Alexandria Library locations. Bring your bike and join library staff for a leisurely 12-mile loop starting and ending at Beatley Central Library, 5005 Duke Street. The bike tour will spotlight the city's library and its branches while promoting sustainable transportation, community participation, and highlighting many of our unique programs! Registration for the event is required, as space on the tour is limited. Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent/guardian. To learn more about bicycling, check out our catalog and online resources in our Bicycling & Running Subject Guide.
Gifts & prizes courtesy of big wheel bikes, Bicycle Pro Shop, Capital Bikeshare, and City of Alexandria Local Motion.
Le tour basics
- Registration is required and can be completed using the online form below or by calling Barrett Branch Library
(703-746-1721) to register by phone. REGISTRATION IS FULL
- Participants must sign a waiver/release of liability and parental consent/release agreement which is
available online for printing. The waiver will also be provided the day of the tour for signing.
- Helmets are required.
- Check-in will start at 9:45 a.m. on Saturday, October 26 at Beatley Central Library.
- Tour will begin at 10:30 a.m. and end at approximately 2 p.m.
- Distance is approximately 12 miles and will be at a leisurely pace.
- A map of the tour will be provided.
- Snacks and water will be provided.
- Parking is available at Beatley Central Library, 5005 Duke Street.
- In case of inclement weather the event will be cancelled. Staff will contact registered participants to confirm
For more information
- Phone: 703-746-1721 (Barrett Branch Information Desk)
- Email: Sarah Rice-Scott at email@example.com or April DeRome at firstname.lastname@example.org.