Download articles from digital travel books for your mobile device
If you’re seeking trip destinations, we've added to our online catalog a collection of digital travel books from our Gale Virtual Reference Database. Browse among DK Eyewitness Travel Guides and Rough Guides to find your next vacationing spot.
Follow these steps and learn how to download PDFs, at the article level, to your mobile device to take with you on your trip:
1) If you have a specific place in mind, choose "Travel eBooks" in the first drop down menu and type in the name of your desired destination. If you would like to browse the collection, click here to display all of the titles in our digital travel collection.
2) Click on the URL.
3) Click Table of Contents to view the downloadable articles. You can only download at the article level and cannot download the entire book.
4) Continue to narrow down to the article level.
5) Click on the article title.
6) Here you can see how many pages is in the article and either print, email, or download the article in PDF or .html format.
7) Choose your format option and click "Download".
8) Once you have downloaded your articles, locate them on your computer, then transfer them to your mobile device for later reading. Or follow the above steps on your mobile device and download the articles directly.